Promo's, Clinics, Camps & Coach's Insight to
Help Achieve Your Goals!
Your Privacy is protected.
Vegan Stuffed Ciabatta
The filling consists of chopped tomatoes, chopped crimini mushrooms, chopped sweet onions, chopped eggplant, chopped roasted garlic, crumbled tempeh and seasoned with julienned basil and dried oregano.
Prep Time: 15 Minutes
Cook Time: 15 Minutes
· Panini Press
· Wooden Spoon
· Serrated Knife
· 1/2c Chopped Tomatoes. I use Pomi.
· 50g Crimini mushrooms – Chopped
· 25g Sweet Onion – Chopped
· 75g Eggplant – Chopped
· 2 oz Tempeh – Crumbled
· 4 Basil Leafs – Julienned
· ½ tsp Dried Oregano
· 2 Ends Of A Ciabatta Loaf – Filling Pulled Out
· 1 Tbsp Coconut Oil – Melted
1. A few hours before making this recipe have the eggplant chopped and sitting on a paper towel to allow the moisture to evaporate. This will provide a crunchy texture to the eggplant.
2. In a pre-heated pan add in the coconut oil and allow to melt.
3. Once the coconut oil is melted add in the eggplant and tempeh. Allow them to develop a golden brown color.
4. After the eggplant and tempeh are ready add in the onion and mushrooms. Allow to cook 5-8 minutes until the mushrooms develop a golden brown color and the onion is semi-translucent.
5. Add in the tomatoes, basil and oregano then let mixture reduce and thicken which should take about 5 minutes.
6. When the mixture has thickened turn off heat and then spoon it into the hollowed out ciabatta bread.
7. Place the stuffed ciabatta onto a hot Panini press for a 2-3 minutes to warm the bread and develop a crunchy crust.
About the Author:
Jason Bahamundi is a 4x Ironman and 2x 100 Mile Ultra-Runner who writes the endurance sports blog Cook Train Eat Race while living a plant-based lifestyle. Beyond pushing his body and his mind beyond its limits he enjoys spending time in the kitchen creating meals that help him recover and fuel for his active lifestyle.